Empty containers are only allowed to be stored in the amount permitted and stored in the operating system. Do not store more than the specified amount. The container business mentioned above shall be used for the storage of empty container within the respective terminal area.
Issuance of work permit by Myanmar Port Authority
It must be applied after the constructions of accomplished and ongoing international wharves and those for coasting vessels, both which located inside and outside the port areas, have been completed.
Applicable to constructions of both accomplished and on-going international wharves and coasting vessels, which are located both inside and outside the port areas.
Terms of permit licence shall be 5 years.
Licence fee shall be US $ 20,000 for a wharf of international large-vessels and MMK 5,000,000 kyats for a wharf of coasting vessels.
(1) Evidence of company registration and its structure
(2) Recommendation of/from? respective departments for dock construction (copy) or its contract (copy)
(3) Drawing-design of dock construction, its term and photo of water-depth near the dock.
(4) For an International Wharf, Certificate for Statement of Compliance of Port Facility issued by Directorate of Water Transport .
(5) Port Security Facilities Plan amd Oil Spill Contingency Plan if it shall be wharf for loading/unloading of the oil.
(6) Conceptual Operation Plan on the basis of wharf length, width, set-up equipment, and type of operation.
(7) Detailed information of ability and number of loading equipments in order of their categories.
(8) Quantity of loading with an order of their categories ( general goods, container, other)
(9) System of port facility( B.O.T/ J.V/ own land) and its term
(10) Year of construction
(11) Date of starting port facility
(12) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority for starting/issuing permit or continuing permit of loading equipment.
(13) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority for starting/issuing permit or continuing permit related to electricity.
(14) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority concerning with construction of wharf and its related building.
Steps to apply
Step(1) – After the construction process, work-permit application shall be submitted to Myanmar Port Authority with the required documents as mentioned above, for the port facility.
Step(2) , Myanmar Port Authority shall conduct inspection to check whether the applications are conformed with regarded procedures.
Step(3) If in-accordance with the said procedures, , respective port shall pay port license fee to the Accountant Section, Myanmar Port Authority, and then, the permit license shall be issued to the applicants.
Issuance of permit to ply within port area
Permit to ply shall be issued with the purpose of ensuring waterway safety, and for systematic transport without restraint. Any ship shall be allowed to pass within the port area if there’s permit to ply issued by Myanmar Port Authority.
How to apply
For Gearless Carriers and Inland Vessels
Applicants who require permit to ply within port area must apply for temporary permit first.
Upon the expiry of the temporary permit after a period of one year, the permit to ply within the port area (for one year) will be issued
For Geared Carriers under 20 hp
Permit to ply within port area will be issued only after carrier license has already been registered by General Administrative Department of respective Township.
– Gearless Carriers and Inland Vessels – 8500 . 00 MMK
– one-ton weighed Geared Carriers under 20 hp – 34 . 000 MMK
Owner or representative
National ID Card and Housing Census (genuine/copy) – (1) pair
Passport Photo – (3) photos
Vessels Photo (front, back, side(left/right)) – (4) photos
Vessels structure (Drawing plan) – (1) photo
Shipyard recommendation – (1) pair
Service license issued by Central Supervising Body of Myanmar Inshore and Inland Water Transport – (1) pair
Suitable infrastructure and adequate equipment depending on the size of the vessel and tonnage allowed in the license must be provided. Shipyard engineers and skilled workers must be followed laws and regulations prescribed by Ministry of Immigration and Population, Myanmar Council of Engineers and the relevant authorities regarding the shipyard operation.
The stevedore license of seagoing vessels shall be used for the loading/ unloading operations of seagoing vessels. Operations on domestic vessels are not permitted.
Services for dredging business in water areas in constructions of
accomplished and ongoing wharves
It has to be applied to get a necessary depth of water in constructions of accomplished and ongoing international and coastal wharves in port area.
For dredging business, lending fee for digging machine is 1200 MMK for 1 square meter and 5% of tax have to be paid to Department, Myanmar Port Authority by Port companies and necessary engine oil, lubricant and other related materials have to be provided to Hydraulic Session, Civil Engineer Department, Myanmar Port Authority.
Steps to apply
Step 1 – Application letter has to be submitted to Myanmar Port Authority for dredging business in related wharves, to Director of Myanmar Port Authority and water map of measured depth of water for water area of wharf or location of port.
Step 2 – The authorities of Myanmar Port Authority will inspect the situation of the place where the dredging business is to be performed.
Step 3 – By assessing the amount of silt dredged according to water map submitted by the wharves companies , Civil Engineer Department, Myanmar Port Authority shall inform/submit the negotiation letter for lending fee and tax to Department of Myanmar Port Authority. Requirement of necessary engine oil, lubricant and other related materials will be submitted to Hydraulic Department of Myanmar Port Authority.
Step 4 – After the payment of tax to Myanmar Port Authority by the Wharves’ Company, the listed service/business will be performed depending on the situation of weather, strength of dredge vessels, departmental dredging business and private dredging business.